Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Justyna Badach Bachelor Portraits- Blue Sky

Jack, 2008
John, 2011

Michael, 2008

John, 2009

Robert, 2009

I love the lighting and shadowing in each one of these. I think that the darkness in the shadows really give off the effect of loneliness in most of these, which is also defined in the men's faces. I also really appreciate the angles that Badach used and how she approached them. Close enough to get all the details and to depict the meaningful things in their lives, but far away enough to not intrude. Also, I love John's photograph (2009) with the hallway of eptiness (besides all the wall decor) in the background with the door open. I think that this show at Blue Sky was one of my favorites that I've seen in a while. Just the way these men's lives were depicted in a single photograph and their faces how they come across deep in thought is captured perfectly.


No comments:

Post a Comment